Never in a million years did we ever think we would be operating under these current circumstances. Yet here we are, in the middle of a pandemic and very turbulent time in our country, just trying to help people be fitter and better versions of themselves. Instead of complaining about our situation and the myriad of guidelines that we are expected to follow, it is with gratitude and determination that we have reopened our doors.
Here is a detailed rundown of what you can expect upon entering our building for class or a personal training session:
- Put your mask on and open the front door.
- Fill out the sign-in log just inside the door, wait for the coach to take your temperature and take you through our verbal questionnaire.
- Take your pick of 1 of 8 taped out boxes on the floor, go right to it and drop off your stuff.
- Take the time before class to use the restroom, talk to your friends, and jot down the workout on the small whiteboard provided for you in your box.
- Get a great workout.
- Use the cleaning solution and towels provided in your area to wipe down the equipment you used.
- Ask the coach to hand you a FitAid, gather your things and exit through the designated door.
- Take your mask off.
Yes, we are working out with masks on. No, you will not suffocate and die. You are allowed to take your mask off or pull it down to drink water in the middle of the workout. You can also step outside and take your mask off any time that you feel the need. Typically at the end of the workout everyone heads outside to unmask and cool down (socially distanced, of course) and get a breath of that fresh Schenectady air.
Ideal? Not even a little bit. But this is our new normal. And we are determined to make the most
of it. A lot has changed in the past 6 months, but not everything: you will still be getting a great workout with great people.
We are Hardwired Fitness.